Sunday 31 October 2010

6B Field Trip To Kuala Selangor


ISKL has a new activity is G6 field trip! I heard that we would go to Kuala Selangor. I’m so exciting and made me had not enough sleep on the eve of trip. But, this Field Trip is a really excellent travel experience!

The first night of this field trip, we’d got a fabulous program: Watch Fireflies! We took a bus to the park, created group, lined up, wore life jacket, let’s get moving! John, Johanna, Dania and I were in a group, we went on the small boat, the boatman rocked the paddle, and our boat was sailing on the dark river. The night was quite, very quite; I only heard the sound of current and cicadas. The sky was beautiful; the moon was shining brightly in the sky, formatted a light halo. At distance, I saw something was shining, oh! Look! They’re fireflies! They were shining in the branches. I saw an interesting is the fireflies on the same tree were shining in the same pattern. Shining like the lights on the Christmas tree. I also saw some fireflies flying in front of our canoe, like a busy man taking a shining lantern want to go home together with his parents. Then, we floated on the water for may be 15 minutes and we went back. This was my first time seeing fireflies! It was a really good experience and program!

The second day of the field trip. We had planted the mangroves; it’s the most interesting event during this trip! First, all the students took our boots and walk crossed the boulevard, than a coach appeared, he told us how to plant saplings. Then, that’s our show time! We get into the mud one by one, a wind smells like died fishes went into my nose. The mud was so sticky! I went very carefully because in the first day, the students of 6A come from the mud and every one looked like “ mud man ”, and they told me they already had got a bath! But I didn’t want to be the “ mud man “! But just in a few time, my boots were covered by mud. I went to the resources station, picked up a sapling, a thick pole, a thin wood stick and a string. First, I use the thick pole dug a hole, but I used too much power, the pole went in to the mud and the mud fly into the air and finally drop on my coats and panes. Next, I peeled out the plastic bag, which was on the sapling’s roof, because I was wearing gloves, my hands were not nimble as before, so it cost me almost 5 minutes. Then, I put the sapling into that hole, and cover the hole with mud. I put the thin stick into the mud near the sapling, and last I use the string bended with the sapling. Oh yeah! I finished! Now my mission was get out from the mud as fast as I can. When I almost get out, I saw Alwin didn’t wear his boots. He said that the mud stick his boots and he couldn’t get his boots out, so unlucky… Then, when I went to shelter, Mr. Sheflin was hanging a water pipe and students were having a bath, I yield and had a look for myself. AH! When I had been the “ mud man “?

No comments:

Post a Comment